Live Events is a feature that shows door events that are happening in real-time. The current state of doors is displayed, as they occur, either with or without debug mode enabled. This screen will show live details of every event occurring in the software. For example, when a card is scanned, this will show the user who scanned, and the door they scanned at. It will also show whether or not access was granted, and what type of credential was used. Links are also available to edit a user’s information or configuration settings of a door. To alter the settings of the user, simply click the user link to be redirected to the user’s profile. To alter the setting of the door, choose the device link to be redirected to the device’s configuration settings.
If a user’s card was input incorrectly or has not been programmed in the system, you can use the Live Events screen to find and add the card number used. Once the user scans their credential, the Events screen will show an unknown card swipe. Debug mode can then be used to find the card number. To do this, toggle the Debug Mode button, and find the card number in the event’s raw data field. This number can then be copied and added to a user’s profile.
If a user wants to see logs for specific events, the Filter option can be used. To do this, choose the Filter drop-down menu. Select the + icon next to events, and choose the type of events you want to display, for example, Access Denied. The only events displayed will now be those that show Access Denied.
All Permission roles have access to the Live Events features.
Live Events Overview
Clicking the Live Events icon in the Cloud Node Appliances home screen opens the Live Events screen. This screen shows any existing events and allows the selection and creation of live events. If there are no existing events, NO LIVE EVENTS is displayed.
NOTE: The Filters option is only available when Debug Mode Disabled is set.
Click anywhere to the right of the Filters field name or on the down arrow at the far right to create a new event.
Any existing events are listed under the Events heading. To add an event, click the + icon next to Events.
Check the desired Events option(s), or use the Filter field to search for specific filter options. Results from the selected options can be viewed in real-time as they occur for the following event types:
- AutoOpen Enabled - Auto open became active on the device.
- AutoOpen Disabled - Auto open became deactivated on the device.
- Open (DPS) - The door position sensor detected the door open (unlocked)
- Close (DPS) - The door position sensor detected the door closed (locked)
- Request to Exit Open - The request to exit was triggered on the door (unlocked)
- Request to Exit Closed - The request to exit was cleared on the door (locked)
- Door Propped Alarm - The door propped alarm has triggered for the door.
- Door Propped Alarm Clear - The door propped alarm has been cleared for the device.
- All Prop Clear - All door propped alarms have been cleared.
- Door Forced Alarm - The door forced alarm has triggered for the device.
- Communication Loss - Communication to the connection has been lost.
- Communication Loss Clear - Communication to the connection has been re-established.
- No Person Associated with Credentials - An unknown credential was scanned and access was implicitly denied.
- Access Denied - A known credential was scanned and access was denied.
- Access Allowed - A known credential was scanned and access was allowed.
- Duress PIN Entered - A duress PIN was used to authenticate at the reader.
- Card Scan Error - Bad data was received from the card reader connected to the door.
- Virtual Credentials Input - Upon input of virtual credentials
- Delay Open (Lock) - When a delay on an open (unlock) rule occurs (for a lock)
- Delay Close (Lock) - When a delay on a close (lock) rule occurs (for a lock)
- Open/Close (Lock) - When an open or closed (lock) rule occurs (for a lock)
- Overcurrent Detected - Excess or larger than intended current occurred/detected. Message: Overcurrent has been detected for the controller on the connection.
- Overcurrent Cleared - Standard or intended current occurred/restored. Message: Overcurrent has been cleared for the controller on the connection.
- Input Power Connected - Expected input power is restored/detected. Message: Input power has been restored for the controller on the connection.
- Input Power Disconnected - Input power is not detected/power loss detected. Message: Input power loss has been detected for the controller on the connection.
- Low Power Mode On - When low power mode is enabled/detected. Message: Low power mode has been enabled for the controller on the connection.
- Low Power Mode Off - When low power mode is disabled/not detected. Message: Low power mode has been disabled for the controller on the connection.
- Battery Connected - When expected battery power is connected/detected. Message: A battery has been connected to the controller on the connection.
- Battery Disconnected - When battery power is lost/disconnected. Message: A battery has been disconnected from the controller on the connection.
As the selected event(s) occur, information about the event is displayed in real-time. Information details vary depending on the debug mode setting.
When an event occurs, a photo of the person associated with the event is shown (when the user’s photo has been added) along with the other event information.
NOTE: The PHOTO SIZE feature is only available when Debug Mode Disabled is set.
When the user’s photo has been added, click PHOTO SIZE to toggle a view of the slide bar that can be used to increase or decrease the user’s photo size that is associated with the event.
Debug Mode Disabled
Disabled - Click to toggle this setting. Basic information about the event state is provided (without debug information). When a user photo has been added, the photo size can be changed using the sliding bar. Filters options are only available when Disabled is selected.
Debug Mode Enabled
Enabled - Click to toggle this setting. Detailed debug information about the event state is provided. When set to Enabled, the PHOTO SIZE and Filters features are unavailable.