An access-controlled location can be divided into Partitions such as the various departments or divisions in a company, individual businesses in a multi-tenant office building, or multiple floors within a building, all under control of the same Cloud Node. Partitions can be created to break down a larger system into smaller systems providing individual control for each segment in the building. Use partitions to grant or deny people or groups access to certain areas, departments, offices, or floors of a building.
NOTE: Multiple Customers may not control the same Cloud Node. Each customer has their own Cloud Node(s).
Permission roles of Integrator and Admin have access to the Partitions features.
Click the Partitions icon in the Cloud Node Appliances home screen to add / view / edit partitions. Previously created partitions are listed in alpha order.
To add users and/or access door controllers to an existing partition, click on the desired partition name from the list.
To create a new partition, click the + icon in the lower right of the Partitions screen.
Name - Assign a unique descriptive name for the partition and click ADD. The Partition screen is displayed for the named partition just created.
For an existing partition, any previously added users are listed. To add user(s) to be included in the named partition, click the + icon next to User Accounts.
NOTE: The selectable user names in this User Accounts list are all users who have been added, assigned a role, and are found in the Permissions list for the current Customer.
NOTE: In this example image, ISC 2018 is the Customer name.
Check the desired user(s) from the list or use the Filter field to search a user name from a long list of users. Click SELECT.
For an existing partition, any doors added previously are listed. To add doors for inclusion in the partition, click the + icon. The list of current door controllers is displayed.
Check the desired door(s) to be included in the partition, or for a long list of doors, use the Filter field to search a door name. Click SELECT.
The new partition is listed in the Partitions screen. Multiple partitions are listed in alpha order.
NOTE: Users within a partition can only see the entities within their own partition.
Creating Two Example Partitions
In this example, we will create two separate partitions and assign users and rules to each suite.
1. To build out each partition, go to Partitions from the main dashboard.
2. To create a new partition, select the + icon in the lower-right corner.
3. Assign a name to the partition. In this example, we will use Suite A. Click ADD.
4. Each partition will need an administrator to manage their users and set of doors. To assign this user, select the + icon next to User Accounts.
5. The dialogue box will display all users who have been given login permissions to the software. Select the user(s) you want to be assigned to this partition. Users selected to manage a partition need to be granted the role of Manager from the company's main login screen. Click SELECT.
6. Add doors to this partition. Select the + icon next to Doors and check the desired doors. Click SELECT.
7. Click SAVE. The first partition is created.
8. We will now build another partition. Select the + icon in the lower right of the Partitions screen.
9. Give the partition a name. In this example, we will use Suite B. Click ADD.
10. Assign a user by selecting the + icon next to User Accounts.
11. Select a user to manage this partition. Click SELECT.
12. Next, we will add doors to this partition. Click the + icon next to Doors, and select the desired doors. Click SAVE to complete setup of this partition.
13. Now that two partitions are built, people need to be assigned to each partition. There are a couple of ways this can be done. The first is by adding users one at a time. To do this, click the People icon from the main dashboard.
14. Select a person to add to the partition.
15. Click on the Partition field drop-down menu.
16. Select a partition from the list and click SAVE.
17. A group of users can also be added to a partition. To do this, click the Groups icon from the main dashboard.
18. Select a group you want to add to a partition.
19. Click on the Partition field drop-down menu.
20. Select a partition from the list and click SAVE.
Users have now been assigned to their partitions. Other rules and groups can also be added to partitions.
Auto Open schedules can also be assigned to a partition from the Partition drop-down menu.
Elevator Floor Groups can also be assigned to a partition from the Partition drop-down menu.
When a partition manager has logged into pdk io, they will be able to control their own set of employees and doors.
Click the Kabob Menu to display several options
Custom Fields Schema
To add a custom field to the Person, click the + icon in the lower right of the Custom Fields screen.
In the Partitions screen, hover the cursor over the partition to be deleted and click the trash icon.
NOTE: The Default partition cannot be deleted.