PDK io People Settings Overview
Refer to PDK io - People if additional information is needed.
To add Door rules, select the DOOR tab in the Add Rule screen.
- Allow - Indicates if the rule is to allow access to the specified device(s). Select Allow to grant access to the rule during the time frame specified. Click to toggle between Allow (green dot) and Deny (red dot).
- Deny - Indicates if the rule is to deny access to the specified device(s). Select Deny to revoke access to the rule during the time frame specified. Click to toggle between Deny (red dot) and Allow (green dot).
NOTE: A Deny rule always overrides an Allow rule.
Specify a Start Time and Stop Time in 24-hour format for the rule to be active. Click on the down arrow in these fields and use the up and down arrows to set hours and minutes. Click SAVE.
Recurring - If selected, check the day(s) of the week for a recurring event.
Single Date - If selected, a rule can be defined for a specific date, such as a holiday closure. Use the Date menu to select the month and day. Click inside the Date field to enter a date using the MM/DD/YYYY format (Month, Day, Year) or click on the down arrow to use a calendar.
Use the < and > to change to a previous or future month.
Click on the month to select a month's name from the drop-down list.
Click on the year to change the year.
NOTE: Single dates are useful for temporary access, holidays, etc. Once the date and time have passed, the rule will be inactive. These rules can be used again by simply changing the date.
Click inside the field or on the down arrow to view and select from the list of options.
- Card Only - Only a key card is required for access.
- PIN Only - Only a PIN is required for access.
- Card or PIN - Either a key card or a PIN can be used for access.
- Card and PIN - A key card and a PIN are required for access.
Add a door or doors for which this rule applies by clicking the + icon next to Doors. Doors that have been added to the system appear in this list. Check the door(s) to be applied to this rule, or for a long list, the Filter field can be used to search for specific door name(s).
Click SELECT. The selected doors are listed in the following manner in alpha order.
Click SAVE at the upper right of the DOOR tab’s Add Rule screen.
NOTE: As is the case with most of these screens in this application, the SAVE button does not appear unless and until additions/changes have been made to information in that screen.