What are 'Holiday Schedules' or 'Auto-Open Deny Rules' and how can they be used?
A holiday schedule is an auto-open deny rule which can be created in the Auto Open section of pdk.io. A holiday schedule is used when a location will be closed for a holiday (or other reason) and the auto-open schedule needs to be overridden.
Auto Open Rules Overview
How do I setup a 'Holiday Schedule' or 'Auto-Open Deny Rule'?
To create a holiday schedule or auto-open deny rule, follow these steps.
- Select Auto Open from the Cloud Node home page in pdk.io.
- In the Auto Open screen, select the icon in the lower right.
- Assign a descriptive name to the holiday schedule you are creating, such as New Years Day.
Selecting a Partition for a holiday schedule is not likely to be necessary since partitions are generally used to divide a business into department segments.
- In the Action section, toggle the option to Deny.
- In the Schedule section, select the option for Single Date.
NOTE: If there will be multiple days to set for the holiday (such as Christmas Eve and Christmas Day), each day must be entered separately.
- Below the Single Date field, select the Start Time, Stop Time, and then you can enter the date in the format DD/MM/YYYY (Day/Month/Year) or click/tap on the calendar icon for a calendar view and select the date.
- In the Devices section, select the icon and click/tap the Devices you want to override the Auto-Open for or SELECT ALL to override Auto-Open schedules for all available devices and then click/tap SELECT.
Your screen will look similar to the following.
- Click/tap SAVE in the top right.
Repeat these steps for any additional holiday schedules or auto-open deny rules.