System Events Door Forced Rule Overview
One commonly programmed system event is a Door Forced Rule. In this article, we will show you how to use System Events to build a Door forced rule.
1. From the Appliances screen, select System Events .
2. Select the + icon to build a new event.
3. Assign a name for the event.
4. If required, select a partition.
5. Select the desired Start Time and Stop Time and Recurring days.
6. Scroll to the Action section. From the Trigger menu, select On Door Forced.
7. From the Action menu, select Open.
Source Doors are the doors where information is coming from. Select the + icon and check the desired Source door.
9. Specify a Target door. Same as Source Doors is selected when the Target door is the same as the Source door. Another Doors is selected when the Target door is different from the Source Door. In this rule, we will program a piezo alarm from another door to sound when a door has been forced. To do this, select Another Doors and check the desired door.
10. Select SAVE at the top of the screen.
Now whenever a door is forced, a piezo alarm will be triggered from the target door. A counter rule also needs to be created to turn off the alarm.
1. Create a new rule by selecting the + icon.
2. Assign a name for the event.
3. If required, select a partition.
4. Select the desired Start Time and Stop Time and Recurring days.
5. Scroll to the Action section. From the Trigger menu, select On Door Close.
6. From the Action menu, select Close.
7. Select the + icon and check the desired Source door.
8. Specify a Target door. In this rule, we want the piezo to turn off when the forced door is closed. Choose Another Doors and select the desired door.
9. Select SAVE at the top of the screen.
Whenever a forced door is cleared, the piezo will turn off at the target door.
Should you require any technical assistance, please contact our knowledgeable ProdataKey Support staff. Your support queries regarding hardware, software installation, trouble tickets, troubleshooting, return merchandise authorization (RMA), or any other questions will be addressed as immediately as possible.
- Phone: 801.317.8802 option #2 or direct at: 801.206.4086 and 801.871.3009
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Direct Dealer Support Line: 801.206.4086
ProdataKey, LLC - 67 West 13490 South, Draper, Utah 84020 United States