To avoid network connection errors, the Lantronix Discovery Tool (or device installer) is used to set a static (permanent) IP address for each controller. This enables the Cloud Node to establish a permanent communication path with each controller.
1. To install the discovery tool, click the link here to access the Lantronix device installer.
2. Select Download Software followed by selecting the Stand-alone DeviceInstaller Setup application for Windows.
3. Locate the downloaded DeviceInstaller zip file.
4. Right-click the file and select Extract All... .
5. Open the extracted DeviceInstaller folder and double-click the extracted .EXE file to launch the installer.
6. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation. Once completed, you can use the tool to set a static IP address for each controller.
The Lantronix discovery tool will automatically find new and existing devices on a network. The device info tab will display all current settings of the Ethernet device. After discovering each device, you will need to switch from a DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol) to a Static IP. By switching each device on the network to a Static IP, you’ll significantly decrease loss of communication issues.
NOTE: When adding an Ethernet door controller, ensure that when you are using the Lantronix device installer app that your WiFi is turned off and you are hard-wired from your laptop to the customer’s network, otherwise you will not be able to see the devices.
To switch from a DHCP to a Static IP, you need to connect your computer to the same network that each controller resides on.
7. To adjust these settings, select the Web Configuration tab.
8. Select the navigation arrow, and click OK. No username and password are required. The next screen is the home page of the device.
9. Select Network to adjust settings. Default settings are set to Obtain IP Address Automatically.
10. Change the setting to Allow for Manual IP Configuration.
11. Enter the desired IP address, Subnet Mask, Default Gateway, and the DNS Server.
12. Scroll down and click OK.
13. Click Apply Settings.
The device will reboot with the new settings. The new Static IP address has been set.
NOTE: If or when you set a static IP on a Cloud Node and the Cloud Node does not come back online immediately, give it a few minutes. If it still does not come online then power cycle the Cloud Node for approximately 10 seconds; the Cloud Node should come back online.
Should you require any technical assistance, please contact our knowledgeable ProdataKey Support staff. Your support queries regarding hardware, software installation, trouble tickets, troubleshooting, return merchandise authorization (RMA), or any other questions will be addressed as immediately as possible.
- Phone: 801.317.8802 option #2 or direct at: 801.206.4086 and 801.871.3009
- Email: email@example.com
- Direct Dealer Support Line: 801.206.4086
ProdataKey, LLC - 67 West 13490 South, Draper, Utah 84020 United States