In this article, we'll show you how to install a piezo device to a door controller.
AUX Installation Video
When installing a piezo device, we recommend using an 18/2 shielded wire. Pull the 18/2 shielded wire through the opening of the enclosure. Make sure the ends are stripped and prepped for installation. (In this description, we use the second reader port.)
1. Remove the second reader port terminal block (labeled + - 0 1 L). (The first or primary reader port terminal block may also be used.) Insert the red wire into the positive output. Replace the terminal block.
2. Remove the input/output terminal block (labeled A B O) and insert the black wire into the Aux output labeled O. Replace the terminal block.
Next, we'll install a jumper over the pins next to the Aux relay; we'll look at the Normally Closed (NC)/Normally Open (NO) jumper.
3. If the device connected requires power to be triggered, then place the jumper over the center pin and NO (Normally Open).
4. If the device connected requires dropping power to be triggered, then place the jumper over the center pin and NC (Normally Closed).
Next, we'll look at the Positive (+)/Negative (-) jumper.
5. If the auxiliary device needs negative on the trigger leg, then place the jumper over the center pin and negative.
6. If the auxiliary device needs positive on the trigger leg, then place the jumper over the center pin and positive.
Should you require any technical assistance, please contact our knowledgeable ProdataKey Support staff. Your support queries covering hardware, software installation, trouble tickets, troubleshooting, return merchandise authorization (RMA), or any other questions will be addressed as immediately as possible.
- Phone: 801.317.8802 option #2 or direct at: 801.206.4086
- Email: email@example.com
- Direct Dealer Support Line: 801.206.4086
ProdataKey, LLC - 67 West 13490 South, Draper, Utah 84020 United States