- A new touch app feature indicates if Bluetooth credentials are activated on the device.
- An added touch app feature indicates if Bluetooth is enabled on your phone.
Touch io / Bluetooth
A touch io image in the touch app indicates that touch io reader is Bluetooth connected.
When you tap on the touch io icon, the following message appears:
If Bluetooth connectivity is lost, it is indicated by the following image of a circle slash over the touch io icon.
When you tap on the circle slashed touch io icon, the following message appears:
When viewing an organization’s doors in the touch app, a feature indicates if the user has a valid Bluetooth credential.
Improved touch app performance!
- Decreased the amount of time it takes to launch the touch app
- Improved performance and decreased the time it takes when loading large numbers of doors.
Improved support for touch app credentials
- The touch app no longer requires Bluetooth to be enabled in order to launch.
Improved transparent error reporting
- When a runtime error occurs in the touch app, the error will be reported automatically to pdk’s engineering department for investigation.
Credential Error Messages
Error messages have been improved for a more descriptive understanding of credential issues.
- When a user fails to click and accept the emailed credential link in the allotted time and the credential has expired - “Failed to accept invite: The specified link has expired”
- When the emailed credential link has already been clicked and accepted - “Failed to accept invite: The specified link has been already used”
- When the credential link is broken for some unknown reason - “Failed to accept invite: The specified link is broken”
Lock Screen Security Error Message
When a user is not using the Lock Screen security feature on their phone, an error message will indicate that this feature MUST be enabled on their phone in order to use the touch app. The touch app does NOT function unless this phone security feature is enabled.
In order to accept an update to the touch app, the user must restart the app. If not restarted, a message will be indicated to the user to do so.
Deny Rule Issue
An issue has been fixed in which a Deny rule that is set for a future date was improperly denying access prior to that specified future date. The Deny rule now works as it should when set to a future date.
Mobile Credential - 400 Error
An issue has been fixed which caused users to receive a 400 error when adding mobile credentials.