eight io+ Door Controller (Pro Wireless) - Part Number: 8DPW
eight io+ Door Controller (Ethernet) - Part Number: 8DPE
* Optional Wireless Expander - Part Number: 8DEW
* Optional Ethernet Expander - Part Number: 8DEE
Eight Door / Ten Floor Controller
The eight io+ controller will handle eight individual doors or ten elevator floors. Add the eight door expander to control up to sixteen doors or twenty elevator floors from one 14"x16" enclosure. Whether you are controlling doors or elevators, you won’t find a more compact, efficient, and easier-to-use door controller on the market.
Eight io+ Features
Upgrade Any Wired System
The eight io+ makes upgrading a traditional wired system easier than ever. Take control of up to eight individual doors or 10 elevator floors with the eight io+ controller. Easily convert existing wired systems to experience the benefits and capabilities of the pdk io platform.
Provide a seamless, more effective elevator solution. The eight io+ doubles as an elevator controller, allowing control of up to ten elevator floors. The eight io+ is smaller and more powerful than any other controller in its class.
Expand to 16 Doors or 20 Elevator Floors
Scalability is simple with the eight io+. Add access control for up to 16 doors or 20 elevator floors when you install an expander board, sold separately. The eight io+ makes system upgrades effortless and cost-effective.
Plug n’ Play Connectivity
All io devices are designed to be plug n’ play. That means they’re super-easy to install right out of the box. It’s easy to add any io device no matter how large the job is, and you can quickly scale a system to any size. A Cloud Node can connect with as many as a thousand doors on a single platform.
Never be caught off guard again. Pdk io intelligently monitors the network and wireless connectivity of each controller in your system and alerts you if any issues arise.
Wireless or Network
Choose from flexible connectivity options that fit any application. The eight io+ is built for ultra-low bandwidth consumption and easily connects to existing or dedicated networks. Easily expand a system's wireless coverage (via network) using the Ethernet gateway.
Integrated Power Supply
The Altronix eFlow102NB power supply/charger converts a 120VAC / 60Hz input to a 12VDC @ 10A output.
- UL Recognized component for Access Control System Units (UL 294), Power Supplies for use with Burglar-Alarm Systems (UL 603), Power Supplies for Fire Protective Signaling Systems (UL 1481).
- cUL Listed ULC-S318-96: Power Supply for Burglar Alarm Systems.
- Input 120VAC 60Hz, 3.5A
- 12VDC output
- 10A continuous supply current
- Auxilary power-limited output rated at 1A (unswitched)
- Overvoltage protection
- Filtered and electronically regulated outputs
- Built-in charger for sealed lead acid or gel type batteries
- Maximum charge current 1.54A
- Automatic switch-over to stand-by battery when AC fails. Transfer to stand-by battery power is instantaneous with no interruption.
Fire Alarm Disconnect
- Supervised fire alarm disconnect (latching or non-latching) 10K End-of-Line resistor
- Operates on a Normally Open (NO) or Normally Closed (NC) trigger.
- AC fail supervision (form “C” contacts)
- Battery fail and presence supervision (form “C” contacts)
- Low-power shutdown. Shuts down DC output terminals if the battery voltage drops below 80% of nominal. Prevents deep battery discharge.
- Green AC Power LED indicates 120VAC is present
- AC input and DC output LED indicators
- Short circuit and overload protection
- Approximate L x W x H 7.5” x 4.6” x 1.75” (190.5 mm x 116.84 mm x 44.45 mm)
|Battery||Burglar Applications 4 hr. Standby/15 min. Alarm||Fire Applications 24 hr. Standby/5 min. Alarm||Access Control Applications Standby|
|7 Ah||0.4 A/10 A||N/A||5 Mins./10 A|
|12 Ah||1 A/10 A||0.3 A/10 A||15 Mins./10 A|
|40 Ah||6 A/10 A||1.2 A/10 A||Over 2 Hours/10 A|
|65 Ah||6 A/10 A||1.5 A/10 A||Over 4 Hours/10 A|
- Removable screw-down terminals
- Industrial-grade 2A Form-C Relays (1 Door / 1 Aux)
- Reader Input (2)
- Input A (Door Position Sensor)
- Input B (Request To Exit)
- WiMAC Wireless Mesh (2.4 GHz / 802.15.4)
- Encryption: AES 128-bit
- Wireless Range: 1 Mile Line-of-Sight / 450 ft. indoor average
- Temperature: -4º ~ +140º F (-20º ~ +60º C)
- Humidity: 0 - 95% relative humidity non-condensing
- Dimensions: 14” x 16” x 4” (W x H x D)
- Metal lockable security can (indoor use only)
- 8DPW/8DPE: 6.3 lbs (100.8 oz)
- 8DEW/8DEE (Expander board): .41 lbs (6.56 oz)
- Conforms to UL 294
- 12 VDC
- Power readers and other door hardware using the built-in bus
- 10A concurrent maximum on the bus (Battery not included.)
* See Eight io+ Door Controller Article for 24 VDC operation.
Manufacturer’s Limited Warranty
One to three-year warranty against defects in materials and workmanship. For full details, visit prodatakey.com.