Introduction to the touch io Reader
Touch Mobile Credential Reader
Touch io offers unparalleled convenience and security. By using a mobile device as a credential, touch io allows users to keep their phone in their pocket for hassle-free entry. Simply tap the reader, and touch io will automatically authenticate or deny access*. Unlike other Bluetooth readers, touch io uses inside-out technology to prevent accidental openings. Using advanced hardware, the reader detects which side of the door a user is standing, distinguishing between credentials inside or outside a room before granting access.
* This reader requires a PDK system with an annual subscription to operate. Visit prodatakey.com to learn about pdk io and our complete lineup of access control products.
Touch io PN: RDRBT
Touch io Features
Unlimited Mobile Credentials
- With touch io, you can issue an unlimited number of mobile credentials per reader. There’s no need to buy redeemable scratch cards, and system owners will experience significant cost savings over traditional access control cards.
Mobile Credential Management
- Unlike traditional prox cards, mobile credentials are nearly impossible to copy or clone, and a lot less likely to become lost or stolen. Plus, system administrators can easily add or delete employee mobile credentials in just a few clicks within pdk io.
- Unlike other Bluetooth readers, touch io uses inside-out technology to prevent accidental openings. Using advanced hardware, the reader detects which side of the door a user is standing, distinguishing between credentials inside or outside of a room before granting access.
- Keep your phone in your pocket for hassle-free entry. Simply tap or nudge the reader and touch io will automatically unlock the door using a mobile credential. No more fumbling with keys, looking for an ID badge, or struggling to get your phone out of your pocket.
Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE)
- Bluetooth LE provides the secure transmission of the credential to the reader using patented technology to transmit your data when in range for access control.
Standard Prox Card Compatible
- Touch io leverages both 125 kHz prox cards and Bluetooth credentials, allowing for a smooth transition from legacy access control.
Inside-out Antenna Enclosure Cap
- Inside-out Antenna Enclosure Cap included.
- Single-gang adaptor backplate included
- Badge Frequency: 125 kHz
- Bluetooth Frequency: 2.4 to 2.486 GHz
- Reader Bluetooth Range: adjustable from 30’ to 1”
- 26-bit Wiegand protocol
- Cable: 24 AWG (maximum length of 400’)
- Temperature: -40° F to 149° F (-40° C to +65° C)
- Humidity: 0-95% relative humidity, non-condensing
- Protection Rating: IP65
- Dimensions: 1.7” x 6” x 1.3” (W x H x D)
- Weight: 0.49 lbs / 7.8 oz / 222 g (w/backplate)
- Voltage: +5.5 to 16 VDC at the reader. Regulated power supply and 12 VDC at the reader is recommended for best operation.
- Current Draw: 100mA - 200mA typical, 225mA max peak at 12 VDC low-power mode; bright light power mode is available.
- Conforms to UL Standard 294, FCC