The basic hook-up consists of the REX (Request to Exit) device and a power supply. The power supply voltage must be between 12 and 24 VDC.
The REX is mounted in the desired location with an 18/5 wire from the REX to the controller (18/3 for a non-powered REX).
Use the designated (+) or (-) board voltage out of NO and NC. If the jumper is off, the relay is a standard dry contact needing input into common (C).
NOTE: If using Bosch or WBOX brand REX devices, they need to be wired to NO (Normally Open) and C (Common) instead of NC (Normally Closed) and C (Common).
Connect a wire from the REX negative (V-) to the negative of the door controller terminal block.
Connect a wire from the REX positive (V+) to the positive of the door controller terminal block.
- Connect a wire from the REX Common (C) to the NC (Normally Closed) door controller terminal block.
- Connect the green wire from the REX Normally Open (NO) to the B port of the door controller DPS terminal block (if reporting is needed).
REX DIP Switch Settings
DIP Switches 1, 2, 3 - Latch Time
DIP switches 1, 2, and 3 set the relay latch time. Latch time is the amount of time the relay remains active after the REX detector first sees motion. Latch time is adjustable from 0.5 sec to 64 seconds.
Table 1: Latch Time DIP Switch Settings
|Time (seconds)||Switch 1||Switch 2||Switch 3|
DIP Switch 4 - LED
Table 2: DIP Switch Settings to enable/disable the LED
When LED is enabled, it will flash on and off when first powered up. Once the flashing LED stops, the REX is ready to be used.
DIP Switch 5 - Relay Mode
A fail-secure locking device remains locked when power is lost.
A fail-safe locking device unlocks when power is lost.
Table 3: DIP Switch Settings for Relay Mode
DIP Switch 6 - Resettable / Non-resettable
Resettable: The relay activates when the detector first sees motion. Any additional motion restarts the latch timer so the relay deactivates only when the detector no longer sees motion and the latch time has expired. Hint: This setting works best when bypassing a 24-hour contact.
Non-resettable: The relay activates when the detector first sees motion. It deactivates when the latch time ends, even if motion is still present. Hint: This setting works best when used with an access control system.
Table 4: Resettable / Non-resettable DIP Switch Settings
System Events - REX Rule Overview
A commonly programmed System Event is a Request to Exit (REX) rule. Here, in this example, it is explained how to use System Events to build a REX rule.
1. From the main pdk io dashboard, select System Events .
2. Select the icon to create and assign a Name for a new event (REX, in this example).
3. If needed, click in the Partition field and assign a partition to the rule.
4. In the Schedule section, select the desired Start Time, Stop Time, and Recurring days.
5. In the Action section, select On Rex Open from the Trigger drop-down menu.
6. Select Open/Close from the Action drop-down menu.
7. In Source Doors (where the trigger is coming from), select the + icon and check the desired Source door.
8. In Target Doors, specify a target door (where the action occurs). There are two Target Doors options:
Same as Source Doors - When the Target Door matches (is the same as) the Source Door.
Another Doors - When the Target Door is different from the Source Door.
9. Since the REX, in this example, is used to open the same (target) door, Select Same as Source Doors.
10. In the Delay field, enter the desired time for the door to remain unlocked (in the form HH:MM:SS).
11. Scroll to the top of the screen and click SAVE.
With this REX rule example, whenever the REX is triggered, the door will remain unlocked for the one-second time specified in Delay.
Should you require any technical assistance, please contact our knowledgeable ProdataKey Support staff. Your support queries regarding hardware, software installation, trouble tickets, troubleshooting, return merchandise authorization (RMA), or any other questions will be addressed as immediately as possible.
Phone: 801.317.8802 option #2 or direct at: 801.206.4086
Direct Dealer Support Line: 801.206.4086
ProdataKey, LLC - 67 West 13490 South, Draper, Utah 84020 United States