Ethernet Door Controller Configuration - Overview
To avoid any network connection errors, the Lantronix Discovery Tool is used to set a static IP address for each controller. This enables the Cloud Node to establish a permanent communication path with each controller.
1. To set a static IP address, search the Lantronix device installer from a search engine.
2. Select Download Software from the Lantronix website.
3. Select the Stand-alone DeviceInstaller Setup application for Windows. The file will be downloaded as a zip file to your computer.
4. Locate the downloaded zip file (Downloads folder), right-click on the file name (DeviceInstaller-[version number].zip) and select Extract All...
5. Double-click the extracted file to launch the installer.
6. Select Yes to begin.
7. Select the desired language, and click OK.
8. Follow the on-screen prompts and complete the install process.
The tool can now be used to set a static IP for each controller. The Lantronix discovery tool will automatically find new and existing Lantronix devices on a network.
After discovering each device, you will need to switch from a DHCP to a Static IP. By switching each device on the network to a Static IP, you’ll significantly decrease the loss of communication issues.
To switch from a DHCP to a Static IP, your computer needs to be connected to the same network each controller resides on.
1. Find and select the Lantronix Device Installer app.
2. After opening, each Lantronix device will be displayed and ready for reconfiguration.
3. The Device Info tab will display all current settings of the Lantronix Ethernet device.
4. To adjust these settings, select the Web Configuration tab.
5. Select the navigation arrow, and click OK. No username and password are required.
6. The next screen is the home page of the device. Select Network to adjust settings.
7. Default settings are set to Obtain IP Address Automatically. Change the setting to allow for Manual IP Configuration.
8. Type in the desired IP address.
9. Add the Subnet Mask.
10. Enter the default gateway.
11. Enter the DNS server. Scroll down and click OK.
12. Select Apply Settings. The device will reboot with the new settings applied.
The new Static IP address has been set.
NOTE: If two Cloud Nodes are in the same vicinity (even within a mile) and you are unable to detect a wireless device on the nearest Cloud Node, check the other Cloud Node in Discovery to see if it connected to the wrong Cloud Node.