Configuration Tab Overview
Select a language (English, Spanish, French, or Russian) from the drop-down menu.
Region and Time Zone
In the Common section of the Config tab, select the Region and then the Time Zone associated with the region. Timezones are used for Recent Audit Logs (for the Person Details, Group Details, Door Details pages) as well as in the Events Reports and Live Events screens.
Select the appropriate time zone from the Region and Time Zone drop-down menus.
The list of Time Zones is grouped by the selected Region. Select the Region and then the Time Zone associated with the Region. Time Zones are used for Recent Audit Logs (for the Person Details, Group Details, Door Details pages) as well as in the Events Reports and Live Events screens of PDK.io.
Important Note: Be sure to indicate the proper Time Zone during daylight savings time (if applicable). Remember to set the Time Zone for daylight savings time. If there are groups that are not 24-hour access, the cards may not work if the Time Zone is incorrectly configured.
Active Card Format
Select the format of the credentials used with the access control system.
Manage Custom Formats
Click the Manage Custom Formats button to view and manage the card formats that have already been set up.
Controller Continuity allows a local version of the access database and rules to be retained on Red-series controller. This will allow credentials and schedules to function as expected for a designated period when communication with the Cloud Node has been lost.
If the Controller is very briefly offline (60 seconds or less), any Events triggering rules from the Controller will be processed when the Controller reconnects, thus appearing to be delayed. If the Controller is offline for longer than this, only rules triggering emails will be processed.
Please note that while operating in Controller Continuity mode, the following restrictions will occur:
- Elevator access on the controller will not function
- You will be unable to activate doors/devices connected to the Controller from inside the ProdataKey app. Bluetooth and hard credential access is unaffected.
- Any Events that occurred on the Controller while in Controller Continuity mode will not be available in the Reports dashboard until the Controller reconnects and synchronizes data with the Cloud Node.
- Any emails from Event rules on the Controller that occur while in Controller Continuity mode will not be processed until the Controller connects to the Cloud. Node.
When configuring Controller Continuity, the following settings are available:
Time before Ecard fall back: This allows you to select the period of time the Controller will operate in Continuity Mode before it reverts to only using Ecards.
If accurate time...: This setting specifies which People will have access to the connected doors/devices if the Controller is unable to validate the current time (such as being unable to connect to the internet entirely) while operating in Controller Continuity mode. If the Controller is able to validate the current time, the Controller will operate as expected for Controller Continuity mode.
- People with 24x7 Access:: This will only allow people with 24x7 access to the door to use their credentials while unable to validate the current time
- Ignore Schedules: All those who have access to the door are granted access regardless of the schedule.
- Ecards Only: The controllers will respond only to Ecards, effectively bypassing Controller Continuity mode.
Video Intercom Connections
PDK and Comelit Database Integration Overview
For information regarding Comelit integration, please refer to Integrating Comelit with PDK.io for additional information
Ecards (Emergency Cards) is a unique feature with access control devices to ensure there is always access to doors. Ecards can be any supported Flexible Card Format (traditional wiegand or high-security credentials) and are used in the event that a loss of connection occurs between a device and the Cloud Node for more than four minutes, Ecards can be used to gain access at that door.
Ecard numbers are stored directly to access control devices for the system. Up to 10 Ecards can be entered in the system for each door controller.
Enter the card number on a line (up to ten card numbers). Tap/click Write.
Noye: If a new device is added to the system, you’ll want to revisit this Config tab in the Configuration screen and update the new controller with Ecards for the new device.