Custom Fields allow you to add additional fields to the 'People' inside your Cloud Node account, which are not part of the default available fields.
You can access the ability to create a Custom Field in one of two ways:
Go into 'Partitions' from the main screen of the Cloud Node and click on the Partition you want to add the Custom Field into. Then click the kabob (three dots in the upper right corner of the screen) and click 'Custom Field Schema'.
- Alternatively, you can add a Custom Field to the Partition for an existing 'Person' by clicking the kabob in the upper right right corner of the screen and then select 'Custom Field'. This will add any created Custom Field(s) to the Partition that the Person is in.
Clicking the plus on the page (center of page if this is the first Custom Field, bottom right corner if you have added other custom fields) will open the 'Create Field' screen. By clicking the kabob (three dots in the upper right corner of the screen), you can also 'Import Schema' and 'Export Schema'
In this window, you can select the 'Type' of Custom Field you are creating.
The types are shown and described below:
- Toggle Switch - A simple toggle between True and False.
- Number - A field where you can enter a number, specifying the minimum and maximum number of digits.
- String - A field with a number of preset types (Letters; Letters and Numbers; Letters, Numbers, and Symbols; Email; Regular Expression)
- Dropdown - A field where you can setup multiple items to select from in a dropdown menu.
- Field Group - A field composed of a number of other pre-defined Custom Fields
- Field Array - A field composed of up to sixteen (16) items of an identical type. For example, a Custom Field for a license plate could be added and allow multiple license plates to be added for the person.
You can also set the 'Visibility', 'Field Name', if the displayed name is the 'Field Name' or another name, and if the Custom Field is 'Required'. Once these have been set, you can save the Custom Field by clicking 'Save; in the upper right corner.
Once you have created multiple Custom Fields, you can rearrange the Custom Fields. This is done by clicking-and-holding the Custom Field you want to move and dragging it to the new position
For more information regarding Regular Expression fields, please refer to this article (link will open in a new tab).